Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spring Soccer

Oh the joys of having both kids in soccer at the same time.  Our week consisted of Tuesday & Wednesday games plus games for each on Saturday - not in the same place.  We put a lot of mileage on the car going to & from soccer in April.  Stephen's a good sport - when I say I've signed him up for something he's usually pretty cool about it.  And he was with spring soccer.  He was on a team this year that really was good, which helped with his self-esteem and team morale.  (In years past his teams have been less than stellar.)


Stephen playing defender

Emma, on the other hand, was excited to play soccer until soccer actually started.  I blame myself for not getting out and showing her how to play and that kicking is OK.  The first game went like this:
Excited to be in uniform

Kicking the ball around with my team

"Peoples kicked me!"

"Yeah, treats!"  (even if you cry the whole game!)

No comments: