Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yummy Banana Bread

I don't normally post recipes on this blog, but a few of my friends have requested this yummy recipe for banana bread. I can't take the credit - it's not my recipe. It came from an old ward recipe book my mom had and I've always used it. Happy baking!
Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
Beat together:
1 cup sugar
1/2 c. shortening
Add:
2 eggs
Mix until fluffy
Add:
1 tsp. baking soda to 1/2 cup buttermilk (use 1/2 c. milk + 1 tsp. lemon juice)
Sift together:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
Alternate dry ingredients to sugar/egg mixture adding buttermilk with each mixing.
Add:
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
Pour batter into greased/floured bread pans. I can usually get most in a large pan and then use a small pan for the rest of the batter.
Bake for 45 minutes for the smaller loaf pans, 60 minutes for the larger pan.
For muffins, bake 15-18 minutes. yields about 24 muffins.

1 comment:

Scottkids said...

THANK YOU!!!! AND its okay to post recipes!!! :)