Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas in Oregon

Hurrying to get unpacked & set up Christmas before the actual holiday brought excited stress as we were also gearing up for Christmas in Oregon.  Grandpa Don graciously rented a house in Sunriver, OR (a beautiful resort town) for the entire Cassat families to spend the holidays.  After driving 4+ hours longer than we should have (icy roads throughout the mountain pass) we made it to our destination & yummy homemade chili.  It was so great to see everyone again...it's been a while.  The fun began with an early christmas morning (Sunday the 23rd) exchanging gifts, smiles & jokes.  The snow was deep, the house warm & the food never ending.  On the 24th we all headed up to Mt. Bachelor for skiing lessons & shredding the moutain.  Yes, even I tried skiing & found myself enjoying it once I got going.  Stephen had taken my skis, I took Greg's (too big), tried to find them, spent an hour locating Stephen's and got to my lesson with only 1/2 hour left of instructions before hitting the bunny hill.  I got down the hill (more like a mountain to me!) and survived!  Even Emma played in the snow with her ski instructor.  She got outfitted with pink skis and pink goggles to match her pink coat & bibs.
Looking less than enthused
The night before we couldn't get the skis off her!

"My legs are tired!"

Nice wedge!

No comments: