Monday, August 20, 2012

California Vacation

I had the most wonderful opportunity to visit Greg in Monterrey, CA over Memorial Day weekend thanks to Grandma Jeanne who graciously watched the kids for us. We started in San Francisco & spent a day & a half getting wind blown all over the place. We made it to Alcatraz & spent most of our time there. We didn't realize how long it would take & it was very interesting. After San Fran we drove down Highway 1 (the scenic route) to Monterrey stopping along the way. I'll agree with the locals...it may be sunny but it's not warm. We had some nice weather but you definitely want to have a jacket handy when the coastal chill begins to blow. The Monterrey Bay Aquarium is world known & is fabulous.  I got a little used to driving around the little towns and enjoyed being pampered - no kids, working out as long as I wanted, mani/pedi & shopping, shopping, shopping. (Hey I needed to know where to really important stores were, OK!) As Monterrey may become our home, I was glad to no tonly visit but like it. 

Alcatraz - keep those jackets handy!

Fisherman's Wharf

I'll go wherever you are Greg!

No comments: