Monday, May 31, 2010

Best Birthday Ever!


Stephen turned 9 years old on May 24. That in itself is a big day, starting off with birthday cake for breakfast! (Yes, for breakfast but only on your birthday!) Not only did Stephen celebrate his birthday but he won the 3rd grade Spelling Bee! and played the piano for the 3rd grade talent show all on his birthday! WOW! Parent's weren't allowed for the spelling bee and even though I work at the school, I stayed away. As I was walking in the halls, his teacher's aide grabbed me and told me to hurry to the gym because Stephen had just won the Bee! I began to get choked up as I watched him stand with his "trophy" and receive congratulations from his classmates. Later he played the piano, Cat Walk, for his talent and did an amazing job. I couldn't believe what an awesome and eventful day he had. Happy 9th buddy!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh golly I wish I could hang out with these kids more! I'm so proud of Stephen (again!)